Author Name: ALEXANDRA FORRY
Hello, I’m Alexandra Forry author of Timeless Endings. For this Guest post today, I shall reveal 10 Things readers would be surprised to know about me. I invite you to join me with coffee or tea, sit back and enjoy getting to know me a bit better.
1. I was born with cerebral palsy, the doctor's told our family that I would not be able to talk or walk. That’s wasn’t the case for me, it dose effects my motor-skills, speech and walking other than that, I am like anybody else. I lead a normal life the best as I can! All of my true friend can look past my disability and see me.
2. I am sometime mistaken for someone with severe developmental disabilities. Good-hearted but ignorant people patronize me, speaking to me in the slow condescension used to talk to toddlers. People “baby” me or when I’m with my friends people say something to my friends about me and not talk to me. This drives me crazy! Not all people with cerebral palsy have severe developmental disabilities. I am very thankful for who I am.
3. My first book OMERTA AFFAIR has the same story line as TIMELESS ENDINGS but OMERTA has too much off color language and a lot of sexual language so I took out the colorful language and made the story’s main love scene more romantic. If you read both books you see that I renamed the son.
4. OMETA AFFAIR was started out as a fanfac (fanfiction) to the 1995 movie Casino. Until someone told me to change the names and write it as a book.
5. I love Black and White cats! I have always had one around since I was little.
6. I’m friends with a lot of different people, a big time mobster, a producer/writer, a CIA operative, a news journalist, law officers, and true crime authors out of pure damn luck.
7. I moved around as a kid. Lived in a small town in Utah, Portland Oregon, and Southern California but I’m glad that I moved back home to where I was born, Las Vegas Nevada. I’m a Vegas Girl at heart.
8. I am very pirate about my love life and my book that I’m working on.
9. My all-time favorite wine is a fine moscato.
10. Umm, I love the color purple!
I want to thank this blog for the big honor of having me and my book Timeless Ending on this blog today. If you have any questions or comments, I will be happy to answer then.
Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. Alexandra Forry
Alexandra Forry has an incredible talent for living vicariously through the colorful and intriguing escapades of her strong female characters and successful leading men. Her first book, “Omerta Affair,” based on the true story of mafia boss Tony Torino and his paramour Evelyn Rosenberg has recently been adapted and re-released as “Timeless Endings”–romance fiction. Her latest book, “Wildflower,” is an adventure in coming of age for both a young orphan and her repressed aunt who is trapped in a destructive marriage. It is a beautiful story of life, hope, growth, and triumph and deals with many of the traumas of youth, such as bullying.
Alexandra Forry is familiar with life’s challenges. She was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she lives with her loving grandparents. Alexandra has conquered the limitations of Cerebral Palsy to write exciting and engaging novels. She has completed a number of talks and internet book tours and is a member of the Las Vegas Romance Writers and RWA.
Author Links -
Book Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Release Date: March 4, 2014
Buy Link(s): http://www.amazon.com/Wildflower-Alexandra-Forry-ebook/dp/B00ISEOQ3C/ref=la_B00JBGRIKO_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427488880&sr=1-2
In this beautiful and moving story of love, growth, and redemption among the stunning red rocks of Sedona, Arizona, Sydney—a teenaged Army orphan—discovers that love knows no bounds and life has many twists and turns of fate. After she is forced to move in with her late mother’s sister Blanche and Blanche’s abusive alcoholic husband Dean, Sidney finds purpose and friendship in Lexy, the daughter of Max Heller the City’s most prominent widower and business magnate. Unknowingly, the girls’ antics awaken Blanche’s lost and suppressed passions and stirs Max’s long-thwarted drive to build a loving and complete family. What emerges is the wonderfully successful Epicurian Café, the brainchild of Blanche and Sydney actively encouraged by Max and Lexy. The Café quickly becomes a center of the community, the start of a new life for Blanche and Sydney, and a chance for Max and Lexy to discover true love and the meaning of commitment. An emotional roller-coaster with its exciting twists and turns, Wildflower is an exhilarating and satisfying read.
“Why don’t we open a business? Like a simple sandwich and coffee shop,” Sydney announced with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.
“A sandwich shop?” Blanche asked, looking surprised and a bit taken aback.
“Yeah, why not?”
While Sydney waited for an answer, Blanche just looked at her, dumbfounded
“Sydney, I would love to open a sandwich shop, but it takes a lot of money--money that we just don’t have.”
“Oh please, Aunt Blanche! I bet you can get a loan from the bank. It will be exciting!” Sydney pleaded.
“I don’t think that your uncle will approve. Sydney I love your idea, truly do! I was taken aback at first, because it has always been a dream of mine to open a little shop of some kind on Main Street,” Blanche said wistfully. ”It costs a lot of money to open up a business, besides I have an offer for a job in Prescott.”
“Pooh on Uncle Dean, and turn down that job. For me, please? You can ask Annette how to open a business--she will know, since she owns her own business.” Sydney said begging her aunt.
“I will think about it, okay, Sydney?” Blanche said making her way to her closet and picking out a dress.