Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Day In The Life......

So here is the scoop :).....

I have been asked many questions and heard many misconceptions about being a nurse. So on my way to work, to my nursing job, I decided that I would like to write a book on nursing. Not just nursing, but the health care field as a whole.

I would like to write all the many ups and downs that come with the job, such as:

Joy
Satisfaction
Long Hours
Disappointment
Sorrow
Empathy
Frustration

I'm pretty sure you're getting the point. So...here is what I would like to include in my book.....

Stories from you!

I would like you to email me some of your nursing stories. I don't want to hear just from nurses though. I would like to hear from Doctors, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Aides, Personal Care Aides, Speech, Psychology, anyone and everyone from the health care profession. Even Ward Clerks and Receptionists.

So here is what you do:

*Write your story, funny, sad, or indifferent.

*Email it to bkwalkerbooks@comcast.net with the subject line "HC Stories"

*Include your name, and whether you want me to include it with your story...(Full Name, First Name, Initials, Nickname, No name at all) but I still need your name for my own purposes

*Include your contact email and home address (this will not be given out or sold)

*Your profession

*How many years you have been working in your field

Your stories can be funny, sad, happy, angry, sarcastic, etc. You choose your story and you choose how many you would like to send to me. Yes, you can send me more than one.

All stories will be featured in the book. I am going to call it "A Day In The Life..." So I will use your stories, and my own, and write things about the profession in between. It will be kind of like the "Soup for the Soul" books, but about Health Care and Nursing.

I think this will be a good thing. Not only can we share our stories, but we can clear up the misconceptions, one being that our jobs are easy. Health Care is anything but easy, though it can be very gratifying.

So rev up those brains, get those fingers typing and send me your stories. I look forward to hearing from you and reading your stories.

**Also, for everyone of you that sends me a story, you will be entered in a drawing, one entry for each story you send, to receive a FREE signed copy of the book once it is published. (Depending on how many stories I receive will decide how many drawings will be done).

*NOTE: Do not forget to include how you would like your name to appear in the book, if at all.

Happy writing and talk to you soon! :)

BK


0 comments: