Thursday, April 8, 2010

Virtual Book Tour Pit Stop - Author Margaret West


Today our guest is Margaret West. Thank you so much for being with us today.



Margaret West is a Paranormal Romance Writer. You can visit her website at http://margaret-west.com


This is a woman with a profound love of romance!




Blog: http://margaret-paranormalromanceauthor.blogspot.com/

Interview with Margaret West:

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

It was when I began working for Eon Productions - The James Bond film producers. They wrote scripts. I wanted to write a book!

How long does it take you to write a book?

That depends. I work full time. So probably about four or five months if I'm lucky.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

If I'm home all day, I'll lock myself away in the office and trap away from nine until I drop lol

On working days its usually a few hours in the evening.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

My quirk. Mmm that's a hard one. My husband days when I'm writing I'm oblivious to what's happening around me. No one can talk to me or get much more than a grunt in response. Maybe that's my quirk!

How do books get published?

Through single minded determination, topped with a shed load of hard work.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Mostly in my head, but sometimes from someone I've seen in the street will inspire a character, or a place I've been to.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I was 21 and I wrote it over the period of a year, in my lunch break on an electric typewriter when I worked at Eon. No, its not published and yes, its appalling lol

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I have so little time for hobbies. But I am a working Medium, Crystal Therapist and a Psychic Development teacher. So that keeps me very busy when the computer is silent!!

What does your family think of your writing?

My family have never read my books lol My husband always buys one and wraps it in cellophane, saying one day I'll be famous and they'll be worth a fortune. But they are all supportive in their own way!

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That a stranger actually wants to read them! That amazes me every day.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I've written 5 books and lots of short stories. My favourite has to be The heart of a Warrior.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Always, always ask advice from published authors. Read tons of literature on writing and never get complacent that your work is just `okay'. It has to be fabulous and stand out from all the rest.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Occasionally. I had a few readers email me that they wanted Two Faces One Life to be bigger as they wanted to read morea bout what happens to Sarah and Ted. Can't I do a sequel!

I did have one email from a lady who said she brought The Heart of a Warrior by accident, but loved it so much she's become a fan on my listing.

Do you like to create books for adults?

Yes. You have to love it, to do it!

What do you think makes a good story?

Plenty of action, a good plot is vital and good character driven storylines,

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be an Air Hostess, but at 5 foot 9 they said I was too tall lol


Be sure to follow Margaret's tour, leaving a comment along the way to be entered into a drawing to win a signed copy of one of her books. All tours with links can be seen at BK Walker Books.

4 comments:

nay said...

i thought it was a very interesting interview, and I cant wait to read your novel.Nedyne

Unknown said...

Hello Margaret,
It amazes me that you work full time, yet manage to write such wonderful novels in so short a time. Kudos.
lol. I wanted to be an Air Hostess too when I grew up, right after I outgrew wanting to be a motorcycle cop.
Keep the novels coming. Good luck on the tour.
Lorrie

Margaret West said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is nice to virtually see you lol

Kelly A. Harmon said...

Hi Margaret- Great interview. I love the cover of Two Faces... Kelly